Whether you are planning to buy a rental property or simply rent an existing one, it is important that you are fully aware of the sample rental agreement Massachusetts allows its residents. This will help you in determining whether you should sign a lease with a particular company or not.
The best time to get hold of one of these sample agreements is when you are looking at purchasing a rental property. After all, this is where you are going to make the most use out of the fact that the state allows its residents to sign a rental agreement without any legal formalities or obligations whatsoever.
New Law on April 1 2018 to Impact Short Term Rental Properties from sample rental lease agreement massachusetts, source: cambridgema.gov
So why should you opt for sample agreements? Basically, it is because these are the best way for you to ensure that you are doing all you can legally do when it comes to leasing out properties. Of course, you should never sign anything blindly. In other words, if something seems fishy about the agreement, then you should immediately walk away from it.
This does not mean though that you should ignore your rights when signing a lease agreement. In fact, there are certain guidelines that you need to abide by in order to protect your interests. Here are some of the things you should be aware of when signing a lease agreement:
What You Must Pay When You Sign Your Lease from sample rental lease agreement massachusetts, source: thespruce.com
– The landlord should offer you the option of signing a renewal lease even if the previous one was ended by mutual consent. You should also note that, when signing a lease renewal agreement, you are not obliged to pay any upfront fees that are normally included.
– When renting a rental property, you should be given a written contract in a form that is easily understandable by both parties. Even if you sign a lease with a rental company, this is still a binding agreement and should be treated as such.
Condo vs Townhouse What s the difference and which should you choose from sample rental lease agreement massachusetts, source: rentlingo.com
– Your rental company is not required to give you the right to sublet your rental property. For instance, if you have an apartment that you want to sublet out, you are not obligated to allow another person to live in the apartment or to rent it from you even if you are going to use it for business purposes.
– If the terms of the rental agreement are not within the tenant’s budget, it is advisable that you go for the no sign or unconditional option that says that the contract is void if you fail to meet the stipulations of the agreement. You should also be aware that if the lease renewal clause is not included in the agreement, it may become null and void after a certain number of years. After all, what is a number of years when it comes to renting a property?
Expert Advice on How to Get out of Your Apartment Lease wikiHow from sample rental lease agreement massachusetts, source: wikihow.com
– Before signing a lease agreement, it is important that you make sure that the landlord can legally carry out the repairs on the property. For instance, if the property is damaged by fire, you are required to tell the landlord. If the landlord cannot prove that the property is not damaged by fire, the tenant has the right to file a claim.
– When you decide to sublet a rental property, you should remember that a rental agreement is different from a normal lease. The landlord does not own the property but the tenant does. if for whatever reason the lease is terminated, the tenant must still pay the landlord for the amount he/she was renting the property. Even if the landlord is not willing to compensate you in full.
A Landlord s Checklist for New Tenants from sample rental lease agreement massachusetts, source: thebalancesmb.com
– When renting out a property, the landlord is not allowed to discriminate against tenants because of their race, religion, age, sex, or marital status. A landlord must always treat both tenants with respect and kindness and dignity. This is not only a legal obligation, but also a moral obligation. Therefore, when you sign a lease agreement, be honest and respectful of your landlord.
There is also another great thing about signing a sample agreement. When you have the proper sample Rental Lease Agreement Massachusetts, you can be sure that the landlord will always do their best for you, but you can protect your interests as well.